- 1/4 quick oats
- 1/4 Italian (or your choice) bread crumbs
- 1 cup of cooked drained lentils (rinse them)
- Sautéed onions and tomatoes (brown stew gravy) or onions and carrots (mild curry gravy)
- Your choice of seasonings (no MSG)
- Pray before you cook 🙂
- Sautéed veggies
- Add lentils, oats, and bread crumbs to a bowl – stir with with a spoon.
- Add seasonings
- Add veggies and mix until you can’t tell there are oats and breadcrumbs
- Cook on low. The patties will brown fast. Once the patties are cooked on both sides, turn the patties on the circular side and allow the round parts to brown, as well.
This makes 6-8 small ones that’s really for like one person. Depends on what you’re eating them with. I ate 6 on the first day and then 4 on the second. Double/triple the recipe to meet your serving count.
The patties have a nice crunch on the outside and are soft on the inside. Pray and enjoy.
- Veggies of your choice
- Curry + seasonings or your choice
- Sautéed and season veggies
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted sweet cream butter
- Turn the stove on low.
- Stir the two together until it’s mixed well.
- Then pour in 2 cups of vegetable broth (or any of your choice).
- Keep stirring with the whisk the entire time. Avoid lumps.
- Once it’s all mixed in, as it’s starting to thicken, add the sautéed veggies, I used tomatoes and onions.
- Add your seasonings (no MSG). I use garlic sriracha, parsley, spicy jalapeño by Mrs. Dash, and spicy curry. Stir with the whisk.
- Last add 1 more tablespoon of flour. Keep stirring. Now it shall thicken at the right consistency, if you like it with more liquid, then you may not want to add the full tablespoon. I like it creamy!
Brown Stew Gravy
It’s a secret!
If you cook this recipe, post a picture and tag us on social media/send your image to our email or comment below sharing your thoughts. Thank you for reading this post.